Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Day (Tuesday) and a great lesson this morning (Wednesday)

So Mattie Carter had strep throat for like the second time in her short life. I took her Monday because she started with a cough that wouldn't quit.  She never ran a fever or any other normal symptoms.  Her pediatrician said it took the test 20 seconds for positive to pop up.  I always feel bad because I hear people say I hurt so bad for my child when he/she is sick but I have to say Mattie is a great sick child or wild shall I say.  Below is a picture of Mattie eating her breakfast on her "sick day"


Well she was doing so well I thought I will let her play in her room while I washed dishes. Now Mattie has nothing in her room that she can really get into except the door on her changing table that has her Q-tips, powder, and other night time things. I put an activity cube my mom gave her for her birthday in front of the door so she can't get into all the stuff. This is a real wood heavy duty activity cube (see below)






so it should be hard for her to move any amount much less do what she did in under two minutes. This is what I saw when I came into her room



When I said her name and told her to clean up this is the face that I got.


How in the world can you get on to this face? Well being that I am a teacher and have a great fear that my child will be the kid that no one wants in their class it is very easy to get on to this face.  I made her pick everything up, which she did only stopping a couple of times to play with Hokey Pokey Elmo (thanks aunt K-K)

I will have to complete the great lesson I learned this morning tomorrow because I get to hang out with these sweet girls this evening.



This picture is from the last time the girl spent the night together.  It makes me think of all the fun I had spending the night with my cousins growing up.  I promise I will blog tomorrow about my lesson. Talk with you all later.


Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment